Dental Implants Liverpool
Enjoy implants and crowns with a lifetime guarantee for just £1,700. Ts and Cs apply.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a titanium screw that is placed into the jawbone, fuses with it and acts like a bionic root ready to support a porcelain tooth, a row of bridgework, or a full set of teeth.
It is the gold standard for replacing missing teeth and the closest thing we currently have to Mother Nature. Success rates for dental implants are generally over 95% and with proper care they can last a lifetime. It is a predictable well-established procedure.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Improved self-esteem – It has been proven that enhancing your smile increases your confidence and quality of life. When your teeth look their best, and you can eat and chew with comfort and freedom the benefits of this are priceless.
- Improved comfort – dental implants stay in your mouth and are not removed. They do not rely on neighbouring teeth at all or cover other areas of your mouth, and so feel very natural.
- Improved appearance – replacement teeth are bespoke-made out of porcelain or acrylic from our highly skilled technicians so your dental implants should look and feel like natural real teeth.
- Better eating – implants, unlike dentures, do not move around and slip when you are eating and so increase the enjoyment of eating considerably. Usually they are fixed in with tiny hidden screws rather than glue which also give them an advantage over other teeth replacements which are fixed with cement such as crowns or bridgework. As the roof of the mouth is also not covered you can feel and taste your food much better and the enjoyment and pleasure of eating is enhanced further.
- Improved speech – Dentures often cover a large area of the mouth, including the palate (roof of the mouth) and can feel thick or bulky and/or move around and so impair your speech. Implants are fixed in place so do not move and only take up the space needed to replace the actual missing tooth or teeth and so you can talk comfortably and normally.
- Convenience – There is no need to take implants in and out and they can be cleaned easily in your normal oral hygiene routine. This avoids the embarrassment of having to remove your teeth in order to clean them properly.
- Long term solution – Implants are very durable and should last many years and can even last a lifetime if cared for properly and maintained regularly
- Improved oral health – Dental implants are straightforward to clean and do not have a negative impact on adjacent teeth. They have better oral hygiene than dentures which can trap plaque all over the areas of the mouth where the denture sits.
- Preservation of bone and facial contours – After a tooth is removed the bone over time will shrink away and thin out. Even if the missing tooth is replaced with dentures or bridgework this bone is no longer stimulated during eating and so the bone loss still occurs. However because a dental implant is actually inserted into the jaw, the bone in this area is stimulated by chewing on the replacement tooth and so bone density is preserved and maintained. This is particularly important where two or more adjacent teeth are missing as bone loss can actually lead to a change in the facial contours and soft tissues (lips, cheeks, chin) and so lead to a very aged facial appearance.
- Maintain bite stability – If missing teeth are not replaced then the neighbouring teeth or the opposing teeth can start to drift and move out of alignment causing such problems as unsightly gaps, difficulty cleaningand food trapping etc. Dental implants restore your bite and keep your other teeth from moving out of position.
- No gagging – A considerable number of people simply cannot tolerate anything in the roof of their mouth as it makes them feel sick and can induce gagging. Dental implants can replace a full set of missing teeth in a simple horseshoe shape leaving the roof of the mouth completely free. For some patients this reason means that dental implants are their only option.
Don’t take our word for it …
This patient was assaulted one night in the city centre resulting in his upper front tooth being broken right across the root. This rendered the tooth unsavable so it was extracted and a single implant provided to replace it. A new crown was then fabricated to exactly match his upper teeth so that his implant tooth looked perfectly natural next to its neighbours.
This lady had some very bad experiences with dentists from a young age. Most of her upper teeth at the back on both sides were extracted and she was never offered root canal treatment which could have saved them. Unfortunately, all that ill-advised tooth pulling had left Trisha with hardly any bone and a narrow upper arch.
It was a long treatment plan of two years, comprising bone grafting and sinus lift, multiple implant placement, gum recontouring of the upper front teeth, porcelain veneers on the top and new metal free crown and bridgework on the lowers. It was an extremely challenging case but the patient is happy and we are very proud of the results.
Get a free consultation today!
What do you have to lose? Drop us your information in the contact form below and we will get back to you with a FREE consultation! Alternatively you can give the centre a ring on 0151 709 9146.